Setting up this unit is actually pretty simple. The SMS122 is pre-calibrated but we like to tell all of our customers to check again as the lives of your fish are worth it.
- Test your current pH in your tank. This is vital as you do not want to set to low of a set point in your tank and shock your fish and make them go belly up. I generally make it .2 degrees lower than the current pH if this is a tolerable set point for the inhabitants. After a few days if you want to go lower then only do .1 increments in pH drops.
- Calibrate the SMS122
- Plug in the unit that has the plug adapter to the wall.
- Plug in your CO2 regulators solenoid. We use the MA957 here as it is a reliable aquatic regulator.
- Place the probe in the water near water flow. This ensures proper readings on the instrument.
- Turn on your controller and let stabilize. Now turn on your regulator.